Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Don't freak out but I'm going vegan

So I have been a vegetarian now for three years. I get asked all the time- why? And the short, simple, honest answer is- because it is for me. I choose it for ethical reasons, I choose it for health reasons, and I choose it (most importantly) to support the rights of animals and the humane treatment of animals. But, I became a vegetarian slowly- I wanted to make sure that it stuck, make sure that it was not just a fad- that it was a lifestyle.

And now, just as I did three years ago, I made a startling (well probably so startling all things considered) announcement. 

 "Honey, I think I'm going be a vegan," I said one night for really no particular reason other than I was thinking about it a lot.

"Oh, okay," he said just like that.

One, he probably thought this day would come sooner or later. Two, he is honestly the best so he is really supportive of any idea I have. And c, he is slowly understanding where I am coming from. 

Over the next few months I will be detailing my journey to becoming a vegan and my incredibly supportive chef's comments, recipes, and conversations about my changing lifestyle. 

Get excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment