Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

This may have come from a box... but I made it

Do you think that someone is less impressive if they made something from a box?

Examples to contemplate:
Hamburger Helper- are you not impressed because pasta can get soggy, ground beef can be bad (I think)?
Pastries from a box- the oven had to be watched, the ingredients measured AND stirred?
Ranch dip from a bag- things had to be measured and combined?
Crystal Light- I'm not sure about the skill involved here but pouring could be hard... I think?
Rice-a-roni- there is a lot here, browining rice, mixing ingredients, measuring water?
And most classically- Macaroni and Cheese- butter, milk, boiling, pouring?

I could go on and on. But I won't- because the chances are quite high that you have been in a grocery store before.

I was watching 2 Broke Girls (yes, I know it is very controversial) and they found out that her recipe is from boxed ingredients and we, as the audience, were shocked. First of all, I don't want to get into the fact that the roommate who lives in the kitchen/bedroom/living room area didn't know that Max used boxed ingredients because she lives in the kitchen so... I don't get it... does she pour the ingredients in really fast or what, how has she never seen this go down? Anyhow, I digress. Blondie is really surprised and gives Max less credit for her cupcakes after this.

What do you think? Do you think less of a dish because it came from a box?

I wonder what the mister thinks... I will ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment