Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

I think that a stranger stocks my fridge

It's Sunday morning and I am starving. I look in my fridge expecting to find something great to eat or some ingredients to make something to eat. But, I see nothing. How is that possible? I just went shopping the other day... Who stocked this refridgerator? What was she thinking? Was she not hungry so she didn't buy much? Why did she buy so much so pasta? Why so much lettuce and no salad dressing? Why so much cheese- she was not going to be having a cocktail party so who did she buy all of this gouda and brie for? I know it wasn\'t me but whoever it was... Girl be crazy.

I hope I'm not alone here in this scenario. I hope that many other people in the world have walked to the fridge only to discover that clearly a stranger went grocery shopping for you because otherwise there would be far more awesome stuff in the there and far less crap. And then, mister 'in my world our refrigerators are stocked with everything from radishes to ice cream to homemade fudge' says to me, "Um I thought you went shopping yesterday."

"Yeah, me too," is pretty much the only thing I can respond back with because... it's slim pickings over here and there is no rhyme or reason as to why.  Except for the obvious reason- a stranger stocked my fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment