Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Shut up- Fried Risotto Balls on the Pacific!

Stop it. Just stop it.

I could write an entire blog devoted to my love of fried risotto balls. I won't but I do want you to know that it is possible.

For a few years we lived in Boston and my best friend and her husband still live there and every time we go there I have to visit Coppa. If you haven't been there it is amazing (for vegs and non-vegs alike!).

Coppa brought me my favorite food of all time- fried balls of risotto. They are fluffy, creamy, cheesey, starchy, and deliciousy. Seriousy.

Well I have looked everywhere for these suckers and one fateful night they appeared to me- as if the answer to my hope that my night at Greens Restaurant would turn around.






Word on the street tells me that these babies are called Arancini and are said to have originated in Sicily in the 10th century and are usually filled with meat sauce, tomato sauce and peas or something like that.

Coppa called it like it is and I refuse to acknowlegde a name better than "fried risotto balls."

While feasting on these amazing treats from the gods my chef says, "These are so easy to make, we should make them when I get home."

Um what?

I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment