Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Getting re-inspired about food

I spent three and a half weeks in Europe this past December and January. In this time I think I lost some of my passion for food. Being a vegetarian in Paris wasn't easy and was apparently incredibly annoying to the waiters we had in Paris. I did have some phenomenal meals but overall I seemed to be rather uninspired by food. The food in Barcelona was beautiful and La Boqueria was without a doubt the most amazing food market I have ever seen in my life. But I did tire of vegetables with rice or bread or sauce. And I lost a little more of my love of food.

I have always been someone who craves a food, an item or a dish. I didn't just want it- that was all I wanted in life in order to satisfy me. But lately I've been answering "I don't really care" to the question of "What do you want to eat?" and that has been annoying, to say the least.

And then it happened... it was as if the light shone down in a mystical streak from the sky, the angels sang in unison and the restaurant in front of me grew three times larger. I had found it- Real Food Daily. All I wanted for my birthday was to go to a vegan restaurant (I accidentally read too much about eggs and dairy and now I'm doing all I can to forget it and go back to being a regular pain in the ass vegetarian). Yelp directed me to Real Food Daily in Los Angeles and I was sold.

I had an amazing meal,bought the cookbook, and the rest is history. I am re-inspired.

It's times like these when I realize what my husband's food (or any good chef's food) can do for someone and how much happiness one meal can bring to someone's life.

Watch out veganism- I may be coming for you...
Watch out vegetarianism- I may be sticking to you...
Watch out husband's stomach- we're still not eating meat in the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment