Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

San Fran- a vegetarian's second rate Seattle



I will come out and say it- even though it may infuriate you. I am not a fan of San Fran. It's just not my cup of tea.

That said, my chef was transferred there so I happily jumped on a plane to check out somewhere new this past weekend. A while ago we went to Seattle and I was in love- the weather was great, the people were awesome, the city was so cool and most importantly- my vegetarianism was not seen as a disease. So, I guess I expected the same from San Fran. I was both under and overwhelmed by my discovery but not in the way that you might think.

I was so surprised to find that "regular" restaurants were able to cater to my "special needs" and that the vegetarian restaurants were just so-so.

Over the next week I'll run down all of the restaurants we went to- both the good and the not as good.

Among them:
Per Bacco, Gracias Madre, Greens Restaurant, RN74, and The Plant Cafe.       

No comments:

Post a Comment