Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Another letter- this time to the woman next to me at Greens

Dear woman sitting next to me at Greens Restaurant,

First, I want you to know that I had a whole plan for how I was going to blog about my meals in San Fransisco. But, my experience with you has left me unable to go forward with my plan. Just FYI...

So, I went to this much hyped about restaurant in the Fort Mason area. I got dressed up, I took a cab, I didn't eat too much at lunch so as to be able to enjoy this experience. Just wanna really bring to the place I was in when I sat down next to you.

I understand that you were not pleased with your meal. Do you know how I know that you were not pleased with your meal? Well in an attempt to stay super trendy and fit as many people as possible in this restaurant, we are sitting a foot and a half from one another. But, I believe that even if we were five tables away I would know that those potatoes were terrible in your opinion and you're not even sure if you can stay for dessert (by the way, I watched you stay for dessert- not in a creepy way- but I saw it).

So, you did not like the meal. Here is a tip for the future- that is conversation to have at home. Not, next to the person who just sat down and is ready to get her herbivore grub on.

I couldn't even read the menu because I was listening to you complain about everything that was no longer on your plate. 

Also, the man who seated us and politely asked you, "So how was everything?" Can do nothing, literally nothing, about the 4 course dinner you scarfed down and were not pleased with.  He can do nothing about the 3 skewers of potatoes you inhaled or the soup you sponged up with bread, or the appetizer plate you have no remnants of.

Additionally, I do not appreciate hearing about your dislike of the prix fixe menu. I know you knew about it ahead of time. I saw you go online and check out the scores of a game- so I know you know how to use the internet.

And, I know that you saw us get up and move to another part of the restaurant entirely. Yes, in case you are still in doubt- that was completely a result of sitting next to you.

On behalf of all other people you may sit next to in the future- shut up if you do not like your food and talk about it at home. In Canada (yeah I heard that one too). Not next to me. When I just sat down.

Thanks,
Girl in the cute dress next to you at Greens who moved tables before bread but after wine

No comments:

Post a Comment